Friday, April 15, 2011

In the Pursuit of Hope


Far too often in life, we find ourselves stuck in a rut. We’re all caught up in bang-ups and hang ups to realize that things can always be better if we simply try to look at life as a glass half-full rather than half empty. So, in an attempt to live a life where my cup flows over, I've decided to start with Hope. Some will call it a dream, others might say it’s a fantasy, but I have Hope. They say Hope is defined as the feeling that what is wanted can be had, or that events will turn out for the best, and I hope for the best every time I step outside my house and into my community.




I am of the opinion that giving back to the community is the most valuable thing one can do. Not only putting time and effort into ones community, but building it to be everything you want it to be an more. This week I’d like to spotlight the Miami Rescue Mission located in Miami on 2250 NW 1st Avenue. Not only do they provide a little over 2,000 meals a month, but they allow us “the community” to help give back as well through an amazing initiative called Operation Hope Tote. The goal is to provide basic, personal hygiene items to thousands of needy men, women, and children in the community. Imagine not having the basic human necessities like soap or toilet paper. Please help build awareness and bring hope back into people’s lives.

What Goes Into A Hope Tote?
  • Toothpaste
  • Toothbrush
  • Soap
  • Shampoo
  • Deodorant
  • New Underwear
  • New Socks
  • Disposable Razors
  • Diapers
  • Baby Wipes
  • Sanitary Napkins
  • Lotion, etc.


For more information please visit:

1 comment:

  1. Today was the final day of Operation Hope Tote, and I am proud to say that we were able to gather around 200 hope totes from Miami Dade College Wolfson Campus alone! I am so proud of everyone in the community that stepped out and took the initiative to donate, changing a life.

    It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete